Henderson Community College is now using the online platform, HANDSHAKE! It is free to employers, HCC students, and alumni. We look forward to offering this robust tool to allow increased engagement for your internship and workforce needs and help students and alumni seeking to gain vital experience and employment.
Handshake offers your team many great features like:
- Seamlessly post to multiple schools at once instead of creating separate job posts for each school.
- A mobile experience - update your job postings, view applicants, and more all while on the go using Handshake's responsive design.
- A set of fast and powerful search tools for both job seekers and recruiters.
- Signing up is easy and takes less than 5 minutes.
Resources to get you started with Handshake
Getting Started With Handshake
How to post a job on Handshake
Also, here's a video on account set up,
Angie Watson, Career Services Coordinator, 270-831-9671.
Amanda Blohm-Thompson, Apprenticeship Project Coordinator, 270-831-9835.
Samantha Reynolds, Workforce Development Training Specialist, 270-831-9845.
HCC degree programs include:
- Transfer degrees for pursuing bachelor degree programs
- Agricultural Technology
- Business Administration (Accounting, Human Resource, Management)
- Computer & Information Technology (CIT Business Software & Support, Information Security, Network Administration, Programming, CIT General Track)
- Health Science Technology
- HCC FAME (Federation for Advanced Manufacturing Education)
- Industrial Maintenance
- Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Laboratory Technician
- Nurse Assistant/Nurse Aide
- Pharmacy Technician
- Welding Technology
Job Shadowing or Informational Interviewing
Often students are uncertain about their academic major and benefit greatly by talking to individuals working in their field of interest. If you would be interested in allowing a student to job shadow or schedule an informational interview to ask questions concerning your occupational area, please contact Angie Watson.
A variety of recruiting events on campus such as our annual Health Careers Fair, Non-Profit Agency Resource Fair and collaborative community job fairs are conducted. For information about upcoming events, please contact HCC Career Services