Work-Study | HCC


The Federal College Work-Study Program provides jobs for students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay education expenses. The program encourages
community service work and work related to your course of study whenever possible.

To check open positions and apply, please check the Job Seekers page on the college website.  For inquiries about the Federal Work Study Program, please contact Whitney Laird, Director of Financial Aid, at (270) 831-9791.

Work-Study eligibility is dependent upon your expected family contribution (EFC), cost of attendance, and financial need. Work-Study students typically earn the Kentucky state minimum wage, as published by the Department of Labor. Students may earn up to the total remaining cost of attendance after all other aid is applied.

Most FWS jobs are on campus, but there is a possibility that some FWS jobs will be located in a private nonprofit organization or public agency, and the work performed would be off campus and in the public interest. Please inquire in the Financial Aid Office regarding off-campus opportunities.

You may participate in FWS as long as you maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and meet all other FWS eligibility requirements. You must be enrolled at least half-time in order to participate in the FWS program.

You can work all dates that you are enrolled in at least a half-time status, starting the first day of classes and ending the last day of finals.

Yes. If wishing to work over the summer break, you must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours during the summer term. You may also work the break between the end of spring term and the start of summer classes so long as your supervisor is on campus and you are needed during that time. Please check with your supervisor and Financial Aid for more details.

No. You will be approved to work in only one area/office at a time. If you wish to be moved from one office to another please discuss with your current supervisor.