Loans | HCC


How do I apply for federal loans?

The Federal Direct Loan Program provides financial assistance for undergraduate students attending post-secondary schools on at least a half-time basis.

All student loans are processed through the new Federal Direct Loan Program (Direct). This means that federal student loans will be funded by the U.S. Department of Education rather than private lenders. It is strongly recommended that you first meet with a financial aid counselor to review your loan eligibility before making a loan request, and discuss your financial needs. Please call 270-831-9627 to set an appointment.

Students applying for a Federal Direct Loan for the first time at Henderson Community College must:

  • Complete the Entrance Counseling online.
  • Complete the Loan Agreement for a Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan (MPN) online.
  • Students must then request loans online on their KCTCS Student Self-Service account by clicking on the Financial Aid tile, and then FA Loan Request.  Please make note that you will make the request for the full year in the fall, unless taking a spring only loan.


  • All loans are split into two disbursements, so please plan accordingly.  Loans requested in the fall will be split between fall and spring, and fall only (must have an approved application for graduation on file) and spring only loans are split into two disbursements within the term.
  • Loan funds are disbursed with the rest of your financial aid on the first Sunday on or after 30 days from the first day of the semester. Refunds are delivered with BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc. For assistance selecting your refund preference, please call the Business Office at 270-831-9618.