Kentucky Insurance Exam
HCC Workforce Solutions department is the authorized proctor for the KY Department of Insurance. We test on Tuesdays at 2 pm and 3 pm.
All applicants must have a scheduled appointment to sit for examination(s); walk-ins are not accepted.
You can only schedule an examination via obtaining an eServices account on the KY Department of Insurance after the Department processes your application. If you have never registered for secure access, please click the "Create Account" button under eServices. Applicant may not test more than three times within 120 days, including retakes for failures.
- Any applicant who fails to report for a scheduled appointment may forfeit the $50 fee for examination.
- Arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled time. If you fail to arrive by your scheduled test time, you may forfeit your placement at the testing site due to availability.
- Government-issued photo ID must be provided in order to take any exam.
- There is an examination fee of $50 for each scheduled retake of an examination.
- Any changes to exam appointments should be made 48 business hours prior to the scheduled time. Failure to give 48-hour notice of cancellation may result in the forfeiture of the $50 examination fee.
All examinations are computerized and graded upon completion. License certificates are printed and handed out at the Frankfort location only. Applicants who do not pass the examination may pay the $50 retake fee and reschedule another examination through eServices on the next business day.
To receive more information about the Kentucky Department of Insurance Exam, contact the Workforce Solutions department at 270-831-9835.