Mission & Vision
Living up to the highest standards
The vision of Henderson Community College is:
To be the area's educational leader providing opportunities for personal growth, professional training, and cultural enrichment.
The mission of Henderson Community College is:
To enhance the quality of life and employability of our community by serving as the leading provider of
- College and Workplace Readiness
- Transfer Education
- Technical Education and Workforce Training
- Lifelong Learning and Cultural Enrichment
Henderson Community College, a member of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System, is a public associate degree granting institution serving Northwest Kentucky.
The values of Henderson Community College are:
- Academic Freedom
- Access and Opportunity
- Cultural Appreciation
- Student and Employee Success
To fulfill its mission, the college has adopted six institutional goals to coincide with the KCTCS goals. The goals of HCC are as follows:
- Raise the level of educational attainment in HCC's service area by positioning the College as the most accessible, affordable, and relevant postsecondary education choice.
- Increase access and success for HCC's students, particularly among traditionally under-represented populations.
- Develop clear pathways through postsecondary education with an emphasis on experiential learning that leads to successful employment outcomes for HCC's graduates.
- Improve student learning, engagement, support, experiences, and success with exceptional academic and student services.
- Align programs and curricula with needs of employers that enhance the employability, job placement, and career development of HCC's graduates.
- Promote the recognition and value of HCC.