The WorkKEYS System
WorkKEYS is a national system for teaching and assessing workplace skills so that employees are more productive and invested in their work.
WorkKEYS includes two components:
- Job Profiling (Job Analysis)
- Profile of necessary skills identified by subject-matter experts who perform the job
- Profile skill requirements for specific jobs
- Evaluate job applicant skills and the skills of current employees
- Aid communication between employers and educators/trainers
- Provide basic information for job descriptions and workplace competencies
- Skills Assessment
- Testing pre-hire applicants or incumbent workers for training/promotion
- Document employability skills
- Evaluate the skills of current/future employees
- Provide legal assessment for hiring/selection/promotion purposes
The result is a comprehensive approach to job analysis, employee development, and workplace success.
WorkKEYS critical skills include:
- Reading for Information
- Applied Mathematics
- Listening for Understanding
- Business Writing
- Applied Technology
- Locating Information
- Workplace Observation
- WorkKEYS may qualify for KCTCS-TRAINS funding.
Contact Pamela Buchanan, Assessment & Testing/Financial Aid, 270-831-9783.