Counseling | HCC


Need Help? Contact one of our helpful Counselors.

  • Did you know that on-campus child care may be available to you? 
  • Did you know that you can receive financial aid if you are a part-time student?
  • Did you know that accommodations can be made for students with documented
  • Did you know that the local Vocational-Rehabilitation offices are located on HCC's campus?
  • Did you know that HCC has a Care Center that assists currently enrolled HCC & KY Adult Education students with non-perishable food and personal hygiene items? View more!
  • Did you know that there is SNAP/CCAP application support on campus? Our kynectors can help!
  • Did you know that all KCTCS students have access to Family Scholar House, a free resource to support student and family success both inside and outside the classroom. Available Mon-Sat, 7 am - 7 pm CT. Just call 877-677-9177.
  • Did you know there is an addiction resources guide available for the LGBTQ community?

Community Service Agencies - This is a quick fact page of several local community agencies in the Henderson area that provide a variety of services that may be helpful with barriers individuals may encounter.

Check out a video from one of our local agencies!

The Port


DIAL 211

A new comprehensive resource recently activated for Henderson and surrounding counties is Dial 211 powered by United Way of the Ohio Valley & United Way of Henderson County.  This is truly a comprehensive resource for students and community members to get the help they need in a free, confidential and convenient way. 

Get Connected.  Get Answers.  

Dial 211 Services offered  

  • Rent Assistance
  • Food Pantries
  • Utility Assistance
  • Affordable Housing
  • Health & Mental Health Assistance
  • Crisis Intervention
  • Tax Preparation
  • Early Learning Opportunities
  • Job Training Programs
  • Legal Services

All individuals need to do is dial “211” (open 24/7) to talk with a trained specialist who will access their needs and identify the best solution.  All information provided is confidential.   

Alternative contact numbers for 211 in case your phone will not support calling 3-digit lines:


OR Text your 5-digit zip code to 898211 (texting services available 8 a.m.- 8 p.m. daily)

There is also a smart phone app for this service.

If you want more details or if you are experiencing academic or personal problems that need special attention, contact one of the counselors available on campus. These counselors are here to help you and make referrals when necessary. Evening appointments may be arranged if needed. You may also reach us by dialing 1-800-696-9958 FREE (in western Kentucky only).


You are not alone!   

Whether you have struggled with suicide yourself or have lost a loved one, know you are not alone.  AFSP  American Foundation of Suicide Prevention 

If you are in crisis, call 800-273-8255 or text TALK to 741741

Henderson/Owensboro resources

Evansville/Newburgh resources

Counselors on Campus

Angie Watson
Career Services Coordinator
Sullivan Technology Center - Room 225