HCC Associate Degree Nursing Estimated Student Costs
This is a cost estimate. Please be advised that costs are subject to change. Costs
are estimated upon required items of the nursing program. This total nursing program
cost estimate is for in-state residents and excludes costs of pre and co requisite
Total Nursing Program Cost Estimate: $14,000
Revised JANUARY 2023
Students will need to have access to a computer with a webcam and microphone to be used in completing assignments off campus. The computer must be up to date with software that allows the student to perform research, write papers, save and submit documents, and complete or participate in virtual activities. Students must also maintain Internet access throughout their time in the nursing program. If home access is not available it is the student’s responsibility to find places of free access that can be utilized in the event they are not able to come to campus to complete assignments. Please see below list of requirement for further guidance.
Hardware & Software Requirements
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 8 and Windows 10 (We HIGHLY ADVISE NO Apple Macintosh or Chrome Books due to program compatibility.)
- Internet Access: High-speed internet connection, such as DSL or a cable modem. Your internet connection is critical for viewing videos, Blackboard, and downloading/uploading exams, if completed off-site.
- Firefox and Chrome are the browsers that are supported by all sites used. Some may or may not work with internet explorer or safari.
- Audio: Working speakers will be required.
- Webcam & Microphone: Web content for classes will require a microphone and webcam to complete assignments/projects and interact with classmates and instructor(s).
- Printer: When you login to your online course resources you will find your articles and assignments. Most students find access to a printer imperative. While you may feel comfortable accessing documents online, having a hard copy is important. Also, having the ability to take notes and highlight main points in assigned readings can help you when studying and/or completing research projects. Printers with scanners are even better!
- Microsoft Office is required and Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is recommended. Microsoft office has a free download link on the HCC website. You can also download Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for free from the internet
- There is tech support available from HCC and Blackboard. These are posted in each program website.