What is Agriculture?
For decades, agriculture has been associated with production of essential food crops. At present, agriculture above and beyond farming includes forestry, dairy, fruit cultivation, poultry, bee keeping, mushroom, arbitrary, small animal care, hemp production, etc. Today, processing, marketing and distribution of crops and livestock products, education and so many more are all acknowledged as part of current agriculture.
About the Program
Henderson Community College's Agriculture program not only gives you the personal attention you want, but it also works with current and breaking agricultural technology to take your education to the next level. The Agriculture program prepares students for occupations in a wide variety of jobs in agriculture (both production and value-added) with a range of skills and knowledge. The curriculum addresses concepts in theory, skills, and techniques that are required by the agriculture industry. It will use hands-on strategies, which require an integrated practicum across a variety of settings.
What are my career choices?
Graduates will seek job opportunities in the agriculture industry on commercial farms and businesses related to the agriculture industry, return to their current agriculture occupation, or further their education at a four-year university.
Tracks offered by HCC:
- Agriculture Business: available online!
- Sustainable Agriculture: available online!
- Agronomy: available online!
- Agriculture Education: available online!
- Agriculture Technology: 6-9 of the 66 *required hours are classroom instruction. Remaining courses can be
*does not include <100 level credit hour courses
What are my degree, diploma, or certificate options?
- Application for Certificate, Diploma, or Degree
- Two-Year Schedule
- Agriculture Technology Track (rev. 2019) - Current Curriculum
- Sustainable Agriculture Track (rev. 2019) - Current Curriculum
- Agriculture Business/Marketing Track (rev. 2019) - Current Curriculum
- Agronomy Track (rev. 2019) - Current Curriculum
- Agriculture Education Track (rev. 2019) - Current Curriculum
- Ag Diploma (rev. 2019) - Current Curriculum
- Ag Certificates (rev. 2019) - Current Curriculum
- Ag Tech Degree 2013-2014
- Ag Tech Diploma 2013-14
- Ag Tech Diploma 4114
- Ag Tech Certificate 2013-14
Associate in Applied Science (AAS) Agriculture
Agricultural Business Track
Sustainable Agriculture Track
Agricultural Technology Track
Agricultural Education Track
- Agricultural Technician
- Agricultural Technician
- Agricultural Technology
- Sustainable Agriculture
Transfer available to:
Farm Related Organizations:
Henderson Community College offers a local collegiate chapter of the Kentucky Young Farmer Association. Contact Laura Winstead for more information.
- Kentucky Young Farmer Association
- National Young Farmers Education Association
- National FFA Organization
Length of Program
You can earn an associate in applied science degree in two years if you maintain full-time status.
This information should not be considered a substitute for the KCTCS Catalog. You should always choose classes in cooperation with your faculty advisor to ensure that you meet all degree requirements.