- During the externship students will follow the office attendance policy as it relates
to work hours, lunch periods, and break times specified by each site.
- The student will demonstrate an acceptance of supervision by putting into practice
directions and suggestions given by the voluntary faculty.
- The student will demonstrate an acceptable professional attitude by showing concern
for patients' welfare, cooperating with co-workers, and communicating effectively.
- The student will demonstrate professional integrity by being honest and straight-forward
at all times during all clinical activities and in all professional relationships.
- The student should demonstrate initiative through activities such as using time effectively,
seeking further information, and performing additional assignments.
- The student will recognize their capabilities and work with self-confidence, but will
also recognize limitations and not exceed duties specified by the voluntary faculty.
- The student will perform consistently accurate and precise work as measured by standards.
- The student will, at all times, practice safe work habits and specimen handling techniques
according to established protocol.
- During the rotation, the student will develop the ability to produce a reasonable
volume of work under normal conditions.
- Under the guidance of the voluntary faculty, the student will understand principles
underlying procedures and effectively apply theory to practice.
- The student will exhibit knowledge of the proper use and care of equipment, supplies,
and other medical resources as specified in procedures.
- The student will consistently perform routine quality control measures, understand
their significance, and initiate remedial measures when appropriate or instructed
to do so.
- The student will, at all times, record and report results accurately and completely,
following established guidelines.
- Students will not receive compensation of any form for experiential hours.