Discovering the Hidden Treasures of the Preston Arts Center
Henderson Community College's Preston Arts Center is an artistic hub situated in the heart of Kentucky. This state-of-the-art facility offers a variety of cultural experiences to its visitors while providing a platform for emerging artists to showcase their talent. The center aims to enrich the community's collective cultural experience through various arts events, including concerts, dance performances, theater productions, and art exhibitions.
The Preston Arts Center is a performing arts center located on the campus of Henderson Community College in Henderson, Kentucky. The center opened in 1982 and is named after Dr. William Preston, a former president of Henderson Community College. In this unique lake-side setting, the Preston Arts Center's concerts and shows embrace a wide variety of the performing arts such as music, dance, drama, and comedy.
The Preston Arts Center is equipped with outstanding acoustics, lighting, and seating to provide the best theater experience to the visitors. The Center's stage features a large professional audio and visual system, an adequate stage house, and green room facilities for artists performing on the stage. The facility can host a variety of performances, including plays, musicals, operas, and dance shows. It also offers intimate performances in the black box theater, a highly flexible studio theatre at the center of the facility.
With its innovative programming, the Preston Arts Center encourages community involvement through various outreach programs. The center collaborates with regional and national artists, producing unique shows that cater to a diverse audience. Providing educational opportunities to individuals and groups of all ages, the Preston Arts Center hosts classes, workshops, and camps throughout the year. It also provides its visitors with an art gallery, showcasing exhibitions of various artists to inspire and promote community creativity.
The Preston Arts Center at HCC is a modern facility that enriches the audiences' artistic taste and provides a platform for emerging artists. Its innovative programming, state-of-the-art technology, and community outreach initiatives make the Preston Arts Center an important cultural contribution to the region.
The Preston Arts Center has a 951-seat main theater, a 150-seat black box theater, and a variety of rehearsal spaces. The center hosts a variety of performances, including Broadway touring shows, concerts, dance recitals, and community theater productions.
Henderson Area Arts Alliance, a non-profit organization that promotes the arts in the Henderson community, calls the Preston Arts Center home. The alliance offers a variety of programs, including arts education classes, art exhibitions, and concerts.
The Preston Arts Center is a valuable asset to the Henderson community. The center provides a space for people of all ages to enjoy the arts and to learn about the arts. The center also helps to promote economic development in the community by attracting visitors from out of town.
The mission of the Preston Arts Center is to improve the quality of life for our service area by:
- Serving as a catalyst for artistic growth and expression.
- Providing a facility for cultural, organizational, educational, institutional, business and industrial activities; and
- Supporting the instructional programs of Henderson Community College.
The Preston Arts Center works with many community organizations and the local school system:
- Henderson Area Arts Alliance (HAAA): presenter of a full season of main stage and family shows.
- Henderson County Schools: utilizes the Center for many of their band and choir concerts plus their annual musical production.
- Henderson Community Theatre: the volunteer theatrical company presents 2 productions each year.
- Ohio Valley Art League (OVAL): sponsors many art exhibits such as the Kentucky National Wildlife Art, The Art of Recycling and Winter Wonderland.
Henderson Community College is a public community college in Henderson, Kentucky. It is one of 16 two-year, open-admissions colleges of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS).
HCC offers associate degrees, certificates, and diplomas in a variety of fields, including business, health care, engineering, and technology. The college also offers a variety of non-credit courses, such as English as a Second Language (ESL) and workforce development training.
HCC is a great place to start your college career. The college offers a variety of programs to help you succeed, including tutoring, academic advising, and financial aid assistance. HCC also has a strong commitment to student success. The college offers a variety of support services, such as counseling, career services, and a student success center.
Here are some of the reasons why you should choose Henderson Community College:
- Affordable tuition: HCC is one of the most affordable community colleges in Kentucky.
- Quality education: HCC is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), which is one of the six regional accrediting bodies in the United States.
- Variety of programs: HCC offers a variety of associate degrees, certificates, and diplomas in a variety of fields.
- Strong commitment to student success: The college offers a variety of support services, such as tutoring, academic advising, and financial aid assistance.
- Workforce Education: in addition to associate degree programs, HCC offers workforce development opportunities for local employers
If you are looking for a quality education at an affordable price, Henderson Community College is a great option. The college offers a variety of programs to help you reach your goals, and the college is committed to student success.