BECOME AN HCC STUDENT AMBASSADOR
Want to earn a $1,000 scholarship? Learn how!
HCC Student Ambassadors serve as student leaders who will connect new and prospective students to the college community, build awareness of college services and programs, and cultivate positive relationships and good will within the community.
HCC Student Ambassadors are selected to represent the college during on-campus events as well as special community events. Activities may include assisting with college fairs, giving campus tours to individuals or small groups, participating in college outreach activities, participating in registration and orientation activities, participating in graduation or other recognition ceremonies, and presenting college information to student or community groups.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
This is not a complete list of activities an ambassador may participate in; rather, it is a list of examples of ambassador duties. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Attend and actively participate in all training sessions and monthly Student Ambassador meetings
- Participate in a minimum of 25 hours of activities per semester
- Deliver campus tours to individual prospective students as well as small groups
- Participate in campus outreach activities such as special community events, career or recruiting fairs, and phone campaigns (as requested)
- Assist with orientation and registration as greeters and directional guides
- Make community visits with the college President or other leadership to speak about HCC
- Ambassadors will receive a $500 scholarship each semester for a total annual scholarship of $1,000. $500 will be applied to your student account at the beginning of each semester.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above
- Completion of at least one semester at Henderson Community College
- Current enrollment of at least six (6) credit hours
- Commit to at least one semester of service
- Commit to a mandatory monthly Student Ambassador meeting
- Commit to a minimum of 25 hours of activities per semester
- Must be available to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Evenings: Freaky Friday in October; Tri-Fest in April; other recruiting activities
- Weekends: Corn Festival; Corn Festival parade; Henderson Christmas parade; other recruiting activities
To take advantage of this exciting leadership opportunity complete the application now!
Submission deadline for Fall semester is July 15; submission deadline for spring semester is December 1.
- Complete and submit the online Student Ambassador Application form
- Download and complete the Student Records Permission form and the Student Ambassador Reference form and submit both to: Dr. Chad Phillips, Dean of Enrollment Management/Registrar, Sullivan Technology Center, Floor 2.
For more information about the program:
Please contact Dr. Chad Phillips, Dean of Enrollment Management/Registrar