What Is Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education?
HCC's Early Childhood Education program, which is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), educates individuals to provide quality care and education for young children. Our students learn the fundamental principles of:
- caring for and challenging young children, including developmental ages and stages
- health and safety
- curriculum planning
- family involvement
What are my career choices?
In public and private preschools, early care centers, early intervention programs such as Head Start, hospitals, campus child development centers, corporate child care, rehabilitation clinics, and recreation centers.
What are my degree, diploma, or certificate options?
Degrees and Transfer
- Associate in Applied Science Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education
- Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education
- Child Care Assistant
- Early Childhood Administrator
- Kentucky Child Care Provider
- Interdisciplinary Childhood Education Technical Studies
- School Age Childcare
- Application for Certificate, Diploma, or Degree (.doc)
- Two-Year Schedule
- IECE Degree 2020 -- Current Curriculum (XLS)
- IECE Degree 2018 -- (XLS)
- IECE Degree 2017 -- (XLS)
- IECE Diploma 2020 -- Current Curriculum (XLS)
- IECE Diploma 2018 -- (XLS)
- IECE Diploma 2013-14 -- (XLS)
- IECE Certificates 2020 -- Current Curriculum (XLS)
- IECE Certificates 2018 (XLS)
- IECE Certificates 2013-14 -- (XLS)
- IECE Tech Certificates 2018 (rev. 7/19) -- (XLS)
- IECE Tech Certificates 2013-14 -- (XLS)
Students are responsible for transportation to the various observation sites, professional liability insurance, criminal background check, and TB clearance.
Length of Program
You can earn an associate in applied science degree in two years if you maintain full-time status.
This information should not be considered a substitute for the KCTCS Catalog. You should always choose classes in cooperation with your faculty advisor to ensure that you meet all degree requirements.