What is Industrial Maintenance Technology?
As part of HCC's Industrial Maintenance Technology program, you will learn about the principles and practices of the maintenance trade. Good safety practices are emphasized and pride in workmanship is earned. Types of courses included are:
- fluid power
- digital electronics
What are my career choices?
The workplace of today requires the technician to make decisions about the operation and repair of manufacturing systems and to constantly learn and implement new information. You'll be trained to hold positions in factories, hospitals, hotels, etc., where multi-skilled maintenance personnel are needed. The core courses offered in this program will allow the student to advance in new and emerging areas of technology.
What are my degree, diploma, or certificate options?
Associate in Applied Science Degree
- Industrial Maintenance Technology
- Industrial Maintenance Technology (Advanced Manufacturing Technician) - HCC FAME
- Fluid Power Mechanic
- Industrial Maintenance Electrical Mechanic
- Industrial Maintenance Machinists Mechanic
- Industrial Maintenance Mechanic Level I
- Industrial Maintenance Mechanic Level II
- Electronics Mechanic Apprenticeship
- Electronics Tester
- Robotics and Automation Helper
- Electronics Technician Apprenticeship
- Automation Technician I
- Industrial Technician I
- Maintenance Technician I
- Maintenance Technician II
- IMT Degree 2015--Current Curriculum (rev. 7-20) (XLS)
- AMT Degree 2018-2020 Current Curriculum (rev. 7-20) (XLS)
- IMT Certificates 1-2020 Current Curriculum (XLS) - includes new Fluid Power Mechanic Certificate
- IMT Certificates 2-2020 Current Curriculum (XLS)
- IMT Certificates 3-2020 Current Curriculum (XLS) - includes new Computerized Manufacturing/Machining Certification - Machine Tool Operator I
Older Curricula (Not Currently in Use)
- IMT Degree 2013-2014 (XLS)
- IMT Certification 1 2013-2014-(XLS)
- IMT Certification 2 2013-2014-(XLS)
- IMT Certification 3 2013-2014-(XLS)
- IMT Certification 4 2013-2014-(XLS)
- IMT Degree 2010-2011 (XLS)
- IMT Degree 2009-2010 (XLS)
- IMT Certification 1 2009-2010 (XLS)
- IMT Certification 2 2009-2010 (XLS)
- IMT Certification 3 2009-2010 (XLS)
- IMT Certification 4 2009-2010 (XLS)
Length of Program
You can earn an associate in applied science degree in two years if you maintain full-time status.
This information should not be considered a substitute for the KCTCS Catalog. You should always choose classes in cooperation with your faculty advisor to ensure that you meet all degree requirements.