Associate in Arts | HCC

Associate in Arts

fine arts center auditorium

Get started today 855.464.2244

Request Information

What is an AA Degree?

Henderson Community College offers Associate in Arts degrees equivalent to the sequences of courses taken in the first two years at four-year colleges and universities. These college transfer programs allow students to spend their first two years of study for a baccalaureate degree in an academic institution that is close to home and reasonable in cost. HCC graduates who go on to complete a four-year degree do as well academically as native students at four-year institutions.

The general education core curriculum ensures that HCC graduates are well-educated men and women who are intellectually flexible, articulate, creative, and prepared for continuous growth. For all students, this implies some understanding of their own abilities, interests, and needs. The general education core curriculum will also help students develop their own values, pursue goals, and contribute to the political, moral, social, and cultural enrichment of society.

Why should I start at HCC before transferring?

An added benefit for transfer students is that they receive a separate degree--either an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science depending on the type of program--at the end of two years.

Under the General Education Block Transfer Policy, students completing the Associate in Arts or the Associate in Science degree requirements will be "fully certified" and be able to transfer a block of general education credits to all Kentucky public colleges and universities. Students will be admitted to these institutions with junior level standing and their general education course work will be accepted as meeting up to 48 hours of the receiving institution's lower division general education requirements.

Looking for a specific college or university's transfer process?

View the transfer guides and KCTCS transfer agreements

Academic Plans

Application for Certificate, Diploma, or Degree (.doc)

Length of Program

You can earn an Associate in Arts degree in two years if you maintain full-time status.

For more information

This information should not be considered a substitute for the KCTCS Catalog. You should always choose classes in cooperation with your faculty advisor to ensure that you meet all degree requirements.

Viewbook cover

Custom Viewbook

Make One

Program Contact

Lorie Maltby

Transfer Coordinator

(270) 831-9828