About the Program
Henderson Community College's Agricultural Technology program not only gives you the
personal attention you want, but it also works with current and breaking agricultural
technology to take your education to the next level.
In the Agricultural Technology program you ll study a wide variety of topics including:
- Precision, sustainable, environmental and organic agriculture
- Plant science, including soils and fertilizers
- Proper field management
- Equipment maintenance
- Animal care
How Long Will I Be in School?
You can earn an associate of applied science degree in two years if you attend school full-time.
Want a more detailed look at the program? These documents can help:
- Ag Tech Degree 2013-14--Current Curriculum (PDF XLS)
- Ag Tech (Sustainable Ag Track) Degree 2013-14--Current Curriculum (PDF XLS)
- Ag Tech Diploma 2013-14--Current Curriculum (PDF XLS)
- Ag Tech Certificate 2013-14--Current Curriculum (PDF XLS)
Where are the jobs?
The field of agriculture covers a broad range of interests so a degree in agriculture technology provides several career opportunities. Some of these careers are:
- Agricultural insurance
- Agricultural research
- Agricultural supply/repair
- Soil Scientist
- Farm Credit Agency Representative
- Animal Breeder
- Animal Supply/Health Representative
- Certified Veterinary Technician
- Associate in Applied Science (AAS) Agricultural Technology
Agricultural Technology Track
Sustainable Agriculture Track
- Agricultural Technician Diploma
- Agricultural Technician Certificate
- Sustainable Agriculture Certificate
General college admission requirements
Transfer available to:
Land Lab Results:
The HCC Land Lab is partnered with Beck's to provide hands-on experience for HCC agriculture
students. It also serves to provide yield data results from the crops grown.
2014 Land Lab Results
Farm Related Organizations:
Henderson Community College offers a local collegiate chapter of the Kentucky Young Farmer Association. Contact Laura Winstead for more information.
Arts & Sciences Building, Room 214