The Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) seeks a highly transparent, trustworthy, strategic, innovative, forward thinker, charismatic and visionary leader to serve as the President/CEO of Henderson Community College in Henderson, KY. This leader will be responsible for achieving the student success, workforce readiness and strategic goals needed for HCC to be the first choice for area students. This position will build upon and create partnerships with other higher education institutions, employers and the community.
THE SYSTEM AND THE COLLEGE
KCTCS, the largest provider of post-secondary education and workforce training in Kentucky, is a statewide community college system with 16 colleges and more than 70 campuses across the Commonwealth. Henderson Community College (HCC) is one of the 16 colleges. HCC enrolls 1,370 students on an annual basis, has 2 campuses (1 in Henderson; 1 in an adjacent county) and serves Workforce clients with customized instructional programs.
KCTCS and the Board of Directors of Henderson Community College (HCC) seek a visionary educator with an outstanding record of strong leadership, educational accomplishments and an ability to foster internal and external partnerships, to serve as the next college president. The college president reports directly to the KCTCS President. The president works closely with the HCC Board of Directors and Foundation Board comprised of a well-connected and engaged group of community leaders desirous of developing a top-in-the-country performing institution in student performance and community outcomes. The President is responsible for all aspects of the college’s operation throughout the service area and represents the college at the local and state levels. The president should have a proven track record of interacting positively and professionally with all faculty and an understanding and appreciation of a faculty promotion and tenure process.
To enhance the quality of life and employability of the citizens of our community by serving as the primary provider of
- College and Workforce Readiness
- Transfer Education
- Technical Education and Training
- Lifelong Learning and Cultural Enrichment
Henderson Community College, a member of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System, is a public associate degree granting institution serving Northwest Kentucky.
To be the area's educational leader providing opportunities for personal growth, professional training, and cultural enrichment.
- Academic Freedom
- Access and Opportunity
- Cultural Appreciation
- Student and Employee Success
- Ability to successfully market Henderson Community College and establish the college the first-choice higher education institution within the region
- Proven leadership abilities with strong decision making skills
- Commitment to student access, success, retention and increasing enrollment
- Understands and responds to the region’s changing workforce needs
- Highly visible throughout the community and embraces working with its leaders and officials
- Enhance the college’s reputation throughout the entire region and supporting the college’s history and future
- Dedicated to faculty and staff development and recruitment
- Ability to develop, promote and strengthen community partnerships
- Strong and effective communication skills
- Proven fundraising capabilities
- Passionate leader
- Commitment to business and industry with a focus on providing programs and re-training to continuously meet their needs
- Ability to strengthen K-12 and higher education partnerships including dual credit, advanced learners and first generation students
- Experience establishing successful workforce development programs and technical education
- Strong problem solver
- Experience developing and implementing a strategic plan
- Continue to build and further develop strong articulation and transfer agreements
- Skilled in attracting and supporting diverse populations and has a deep commitment to inclusion and social justice
- Significant Community College experience
- Appreciation of the arts
- An earned Doctorate from an accredited college or university
- Progressive leadership experience with 3 – 5 years Senior-level executive experience in higher education, with preference given to community or technical college experience
- An approachable person of high integrity and energy, with a track record of building successful teams, inside and outside the organization.
- President with CEO experience
- Classroom teaching experience