WORK READY OPEN HOUSE SCHEDULED!
Interested in knowing more about the Kentucky Work Ready Scholarship Program?
Henderson Community College would like to invite you to the
Work Ready Open House!
Thursday, July 13, 4:30 pm–7:30 pm
Second Floor of the STC Building (Start Center).
You know that having the latest skills can help you land a new job or get a promotion, but how do you pay for it all?
The Work Ready Kentucky Scholarship will pay your tuition for short-term, career-related certificates in fields where there are good paying jobs. Many of these certificates can be completed in four months or less!
Here’s how it works.
First: Make sure you’re eligible.
- Student must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Be a Kentucky resident
- Be a high school or GED graduate
- Have not earned an associate's or higher degree
- Be enrolled, or accepted for enrollment, at an eligible postsecondary institution in an approved program of study that leads to an industry recognized certificate, credential, or diploma in a high-demand workforce sector.
- Qualifying areas for the 2017-2018 year are health care, advanced manufacturing, transportation/logistics, business services/IT, and construction
- Not be in default on any obligation to KHEAA.
- Have not yet earned an associate's degree or an industry-recognized certificate or credential.
KCTCS has more Work Ready Kentucky Scholarship eligible certificates than any other Kentucky college or university.
Any tuition not covered by federal and state aid is what will be covered by the Work Ready Kentucky Scholarship.