What is Business Administration Systems?
We can build the foundation for your career in business. We teach general skills, management, economics, marketing, business law, accounting, and communications.
What are my career choices?
Business administrators are needed in every field from accounting to Human Resources. With a degree in Business Administration, your career options are virtually limitless.
- by choosing the Accounting option within the program, your career options range from working in bookkeeping or payroll.
- the Management option prepares the student with broad-based management knowledge and skills that lead to a variety of positions in organizations.
- the Human Resource Management option prepares students for entry-level positions in the human resource field and related occupations.
- the Informatics option prepares students for careers in business including business analysts and positions that query and report on business key performance indicators and success factors.
- the Office Systems option prepares the student with a broad base of knowledge and skills needed for a variety of positions in an office.
What are my degree, diploma, or certificate options?
Associate in Applied Science
- Accounting Track
- Human Resources Management Track
- Management Track
- Office Systems Track
To see a complete course listing for each credential use the KCTCS Online Course Catalog.
- Accounting Recordkeeping Specialist
- Advanced Business Administration
- Business Transfer
- Data Entry Operator
- Financial Perspectives
- General Business
- Human Resource Management
- Office Systems
- Operations Management
- Payroll Accounting Specialist
- Small Business Management
- Supervisory Management
- Team Leadership
What are the admission requirements?
There are no special admission requirements for this program.
What will I study?
A core of courses provides a foundation of general and business knowledge.
Areas of general study include:
Areas of business study include:
- business law
- quality systems
- Application for Certificate, Diploma, or Degree
- Two-Year Schedule
- Accounting Degree 2017--Current Curriculum (XLS)
- Human Resources 2017--Current Curriculum (XLS)
- Management Degree 2017--Current Curriculum (XLS)
- Office Systems 2017--Current Curriculum (XLS)
- Certificate I 2017--Current Curriculum (XLS)
- Certificate II 2017--Current Curriculum (XLS)
- Certificate III 2017--Current Curriculum (XLS)
- Certificate IV 2017--Current Curriculum (XLS)
How can I further my education?
Students seeking a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration may choose to begin their education by earning Associate of Arts at Henderson Community College before transferring to the university of their choice. Henderson Community College has business transfer agreements with Murray State University and the University of Evansville.
Length of Program
You can earn an associate in applied science degree in two years if you maintain full-time status.