COVID-19 INFO AT HCC
Published on Nov 19, 2020
Due to the increasing number of COVID-19 cases in our service area, Henderson Community College will move to virtual/remote learning for the remainder of the Fall 2020 semester! Beginning on Monday, 11/23/2020, all of our previously scheduled in-person and hybrid classes will move to the virtual format. Students will receive specific guidance from their instructors via their KCTCS email/Blackboard on how to proceed.
Student support services (such as financial aid, advising, admissions/records) will be available during regularly scheduled hours in the virtual format. In-person student support services will be available by appointment.
Students can access the most up-to-date information by visiting: https://henderson.kctcs.edu/healthy-at-hcc/
- Faculty will be available to help you with all aspects of the course, and guides and video tutorials are available to help you with effectively utilizing online materials.
- HCC’s Distance Learning Coordinator, Jon Reidford, is able to meet with students who are having difficulties with their online classes. You can contact Jon at email@example.com.
- Check your email for information regarding online workshops and tutorials to help you get started with the online portion of your class.
You can access email, announcements, and small assignments using your phone, but most activities and assignments will require a computer. Students also have difficulty with some materials when using a tablet or Chromebook.
- The faculty, staff and students of HCC share the responsibility in keeping the campus safe. This includes performing the self-check of temperature prior to campus arrival, maintaining 6 foot social distancing, and wearing face masks.
- Facilities will be sanitized regularly and frequently touched surfaces and areas.
- Each occupied space will have hand cleaning and disinfecting supplies as well as masks and gloves for those requesting them.
- We will continue to follow KCTCS, local, state, and CDC recommendations.
Yes. All faculty, staff, student, and visitors are required to wear masks inside HCC buildings including classrooms. Students needing to discuss a medical exemption can contact Dr. Lavonia Lewis at 270-831-9661 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you forget your masks, you will need to come to Welcome Desk (Sullivan Technology Center 1st floor). A staff member will provide you with a mask.
It would be reviewed and changes communicated with students, faculty, and staff.
New students need to contact HCC’s Admissions Department at 270-827-6158.
Current students will need to contact their academic advisor. If you don’t know who your advisor is, you can contact Janet Burch at 270-827-6158.
The Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services provides the most up-to-date testing information for Northwestern Kentucky. https://govstatus.egov.com/kycovid19
The Indiana Sate Department of Health provides the most up-to-date testing information
for Southern Indiana.