Important Notice

alert icon Upcoming Service Interruption: We are upgrading our online processes to serve you better. During this upgrade many of our online services will be unavailable from 8:00pm on June 30 – 8:00am on July 5. Some services include payment processes, applications for admission, and the User Account Center.
For a full list of services that will be temporarily unavailable please visit our information page.

Important Notice

alert icon HCC is now observing summer hours: from Monday, June 19th to Thursday, June 22nd we are open 8:00 am - 5:30 pm. We will be closed Friday, June 23rd. Express Enrollment for fall semester is coming! Contact the 24/7 GOKCTCS Student Services Center Helpline at 1-855-464-2244 for more info!

General Transfer Guidelines

What credits will transfer from other institutions?

The evaluation of transfer credit determines how Henderson Community College will accept another institution s credit towards a credential at HCC.
Please note: the institution awarding the credential determines how to accept the transfer of credit.

HCC Equivalency TableClick here to view the transfer brochure

Incoming students can view transfer equivalency data established for Kentucky public post-secondary schools. This information is not all-encompassing and will be updated regularly as curriculum changes.


You can compare Kentucky colleges based on criteria most important to you. With a little effort, you will easily find one that fits your academic interests and personal needs. Find out more at KnowHow2Transfer.

Transfer of credits from Regionally Accredited Colleges

Henderson Community College awards credit for 100 level or above coursework taken at regionally accredited colleges or universities. Coursework is transferred credit hour for credit hour. Quarter hours are recognized as two-thirds (2/3) of a semester hour.

Regionally Accrediting Agencies

  • Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
  • Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
  • North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
  • New England Association of Schools and Colleges
  • Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges
  • Western Association of Schools and Colleges

What about credits from schools in other countries?

Transfer credit can also be awarded for courses completed at colleges and universities outside of the United States based on recommendations from agencies which evaluate coursework from foreign educational institutions. You can get a list of the companies HCC recommends online or pick up a hard copy in the Admissions Office.