Costs and Aid

Federal Work Study Program

Federal Work Study Program

The Federal College Work-Study Program provides jobs for students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay education expenses. The program encourages
community service work and work related to your course of study whenever possible.

How much can I earn?

Work-Study eligibility is dependent upon your expected family contribution (EFC), cost of attendance, and financial need. Work Study students typically earn the Kentucky state minimum wage, as published by the Department of Labor. Students may earn up to the total remaining cost of attendance after all other aid is applied.

Are the Federal Work-Study jobs on campus or off campus?

Most FWS jobs are on campus, but there is a possibility that some FWS jobs will be located in a private nonprofit organization or public agency, and the work performed would be off campus and in the public interest. Please inquire in the Financial Aid Office regarding off-campus opportunities.

Is there an academic requirement for Federal Work-Study?

 You may participate in FWS as long as you maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and meet all other FWS eligibility requirements. You must be enrolled at least half-time in order to participate in the FWS program.

Applying for Federal Work-Study

Please complete the Federal Work-Study form in the Related Links on this page and submit it to the Financial Aid Office. Applications are also available in the Start Center located in the Sullivan Technology Center on the second floor.