Important Notice

alert iconJuly 31 - We are currently experiencing a phone and network outage. If you have questions about financial aid, admissions or payment of tuition, you can call 1-855-464-2244. If you have an emergency and must reach someone from the college please call 270-860-3998
[More Info]
Costs & Aid Banner

Federal Direct Loans

How can I receive federal loans?

The Federal Direct Loan Program provides financial assistance for undergraduate students attending post-secondary schools on at least a half-time basis.

It is strongly recommended that you borrow only what you need for educational expenses. You must repay student loans regardless of future circumstances.

Student’s applying for a Federal Direct Loan for the first time at Henderson Community College must:

• Complete the Entrance Counseling online at
• Complete a new master Promissory Note online. at
• Students must accept, reduce or decline the loans online on their KCTCS Student Self-Service account.

NOTE: Loan funds are not disbursed until 30 days from the first day of class, and refunds are not typically issued until the Thursday following the disbursement date.