Costs and Aid

Apply for Aid Now!

How do I apply for aid?

To apply for Federal Aid programs such as Pell Grants and Direct Student Loans you must complete the Free Application for Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA). All students are encouraged to complete this application, even if you believe you will not be eligible for any financial aid.

The FAFSA application is available online at You and a parent (if in a dependent status) will also require a PIN to sign the application. To apply for a PIN, please visit the PIN Website and request one. The school code for Henderson Community College is 001993.

The FAFSA must be completed each academic year (covering the fall, spring, and summer). The application and any required documentation must be submitted to the HCC Financial Aid Office before the Financial Aid Priority Deadline Date for each term, as outlined below:

  • Fall semester - July 15th
  • Spring semester - December 1st
  • Summer semester - April 1st

Filing the FAFSA as soon as possible is important as some aid programs are provided on a first come, first serve basis, such as the Kentucky College Access Program (CAP) grant. 

What types of scholarships does HCC offer?

Merit based scholarships are also available through Henderson Community College. Check the Scholarship Opportunities page for more information on applying for scholarships. Please note that applications are due by March 15th for next academic year.

Do you need help?

If you need assistance filing the FAFSA please contact the Henderson Community College Financial Aid Office at (855) 464-2244, or the Go KCTCS! Student Services Center. HCC Financial Aid also offers FAFSA workshops and application assistance throughout the year. Please check the HCC website and Facebook page for these dates and times.