The Green River Area Development District (GRADD) serves a seven county area consisting of Daviess, Hancock, Henderson, McClean, Ohio, Union, and Webster Counties. GRADD is funded through federal and state grants to implement programs that improve the quality of life for the citizens in the GRADD region. GRADD is responsible for administering Title I of the Federal Workforce Investment Act (WIA) for the seven counties in the region. GRADD's responsibilities center around:
The local GRADD office is located on the Henderson Community College campus in the Administration Building, Room 107. This office is primarily responsible for certifying participants in training programs and administering scholarships to assist in paying for this training.
The Kentucky Office of Vocational Rehabilitation assists Kentuckians with disabilities to achieve suitable employment and independence. Some of the services for individuals that qualify are:
• Assessment for determining eligibility and vocational rehabilitation needs
• Counseling and guidance
• Vocational and other training services
• Supported employment
• Personal assistance services
• Interpreter and notetaking services
• Telecommunications, sensory, and other technological aids and devices
• Rehabilitation technology
• Job placement and job retention services
• Employment follow-up and post-employment services
The local Office of Vocational Rehabilitation is located on the Henderson Community College campus in the first floor of the Administration Building.
Green River Area Development District