Back to top
• Yes, if you haven’t taken the ACT or if your ACT scores are below 18 in English, 20 in Reading, and 22* in Math
• No, if credit has been earned in college-level courses in Math, English and Reading
*19-21 may be sufficient for certain Math classes.
** Please note: Your scores are evaluated individually. You may not have to test in all three subject areas. Example: If your ACT test scores are a 17 in English, a 19 in Reading, and a 23 in Math, you would only need to take the COMPASS test in English and Reading.
• You must complete the COMPASS prior to registration
• Call 270-831-9610 to speak with the Testing Coordinator to schedule COMPASS..
Course Placement with ACT and COMPASS
• Student must enroll in writing, reading, and math transitional courses during first two terms of enrollment.
• Use ACT and COMPASS scores for placement that are current at time of course enrollment in each area of writing, reading, and math.
• If student enrolled and passed course, he/she may continue in sequence even if enrollment is not continuous, or he/she may retest.
• If student enrolled and failed course, he/she should enroll in the same course or retest.
*030 = course limitations apply; must take concurrently if also taking a 100-level course; terminal reading course
**185 = must take concurrently if also taking a 100-level course; beginning with the Fall 2012 semester, CMS 185 has
been changed to RDG 185.
***RDG 041 = must be taken concurrently if also taking a 100-level course; student receives no credit for this course, but may prefer to take a 1-hour course for no credit rather than the 3-hour RDG 185.